Lots has been written concerning the comparability of technical specs and design of each Royal Enfield and Jawa, however on this article I’m going to debate the factors which are more likely to affect the choice of consumers once they select between the 2 legendary bikes.
Competing with RE shouldn’t be going to be straightforward for Jawa because the legendary bikemaker is a pressure to reckon with within the Indian motorcycling scene. It takes much more than only a good value, a superior engine specs and a basic design to beat Royal Enfield in its personal yard.
Iconic and legendary, RE is rather more than the technical specs it presents. As an ardent Royal Enfield rider I can say this with conviction that the motorbike has a really particular place in hearts and souls of its riders and all those that aspire to personal it sometime. It is a feeling that can not be expressed in phrases, it could possibly solely be felt if you experience it and really feel the thump of its exhaust. To sum it up, “Royal Enfield is a sense”. I’m positive that related is the case with the ardent followers of legendary Jawa.
Jawa shouldn’t be solely again however again with a bang and so they imply enterprise. The launch has stirred a debate with respect to its inevitable comparability with one other legend that has been ruling the Indian roads like a boss, the long-lasting RE. Jawa at all times knew that they’re going to compete with Royal Enfield instantly, in order that they have come ready and launched, not one, not two however three bikes, the Jawa, the Forty Two and the Perak (Perak will probably be obtainable round mid-2019) to tackle the Royal Enfield Traditional 350, Normal 350, and Thunderbird 350 with premium options and wonderful engine specs. Perak being a Bobber has no direct competitors out there in its value and class. Perak certainly is a winner at Jawa’s hand when will probably be obtainable subsequent 12 months offered Royal Enfield does not launch a Bobber in coming couple of months earlier than Perak turns into obtainable… You by no means know.
Beneath are among the elements that will affect the choice of the consumers who trying to personal one in all these legends.
- Royal Enfield has loved a cult following in India for generations. BULLET has at all times been thought of an emblem of machismo proper from grandfather to grandsons who covet the legend and experience one with satisfaction. Alternatively Jawa missed a complete era of bikers who by no means rode it and have nearly forgotten that this legend as soon as graced Indian roads and was a worthy competitor of Royal Enfield. Throughout all these years that Jawa misplaced, RE constructed a loyal buyer base which supplies it an enormous edge over Jawa. Throughout all these years Royal Enfield expanded its attain, vary of fashions and upgraded its engines, got here up with merchandise and modernized its dealerships. It should take loads of effort and time for Jawa to fill that hole.
- RE has a really broad unfold community (Greater than 800 dealerships) that won’t be straightforward for Jawa to match immediately although they’ve began with 105 dealerships, out of which 64 will probably be operational by the primary week of December 2018 as per the Traditional Legends.
- Restore and availability of spare elements of Royal Enfield shouldn’t be an enormous deal as of late as in final 2 many years the corporate has developed a vendor networks which is unfold to the farthest corners of India and might solely be matched maybe by carmaker Maruti Suzuki. On account of this, they handle to promote large numbers of bikes 12 months after 12 months. A lot in order that when different motorbike manufactures start to really feel the warmth of low market sentiments RE bikes promote with a ready interval of 3-Four months.
- There isn’t any doubt that Jawa is technically superior to Royal Enfield, and I give full credit score to Jawa right here, which beats RE engine arms down with its Engine Specs. With its 293 cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine that develops 27 Bhp and 28 Nm, which clearly provides then an edge over Royal Enfield 350 Traditional that sports activities a 346 cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled motor that makes 19.Eight Bhp and 28 Nm. Jawa engine regardless of being decrease capability, produces extra energy and its torque is similar as produced by Royal Enfield 350 cc engine. Jawa’s engine is Twin Overhead Camshaft (DOHC) with liquid-cooling and the next compression ratio of 11:1, as in comparison with the RE’s 8.5:1. Each motorbike include an ABS. Jawa sports activities a single-channel ABS as commonplace, whereas the Royal Enfield presents dual-channel ABS. Each the bikes sport basic designs however Jawa has used some fashionable cues of their Forty Two Mannequin to offer it an urban-retro look.
- Royal Enfield has a particular value benefit as its decrease finish vary of Bullet Twinspark 350 begins as little as 1.20 Lac and even the Traditional 350 vary together with Gunmetal Gray and Traditional Indicators 350 with ABS could be very competitively priced at 1.55 lacs and is available in the identical value bracket as Jawa and Forty Two.
I believe it is a wait and watch scenario as a result of it is positively going to be a battle of giants that’s going to learn riders. It is good for the bikers that Royal Enfield’s supremacy is challenged as it will end in enhancements in its high quality and lower throat pricing which can observe subsequent 12 months.