The way to Rebrand Your Enterprise Like A Boss
There are such a lot of completely different explanation why a small enterprise proprietor could resolve to rebrand a web site: poor conversions and/or gross sales, complicated navigation or an outdated design, to call a couple of.
Nonetheless, as I discussed in my earlier weblog The Proper Causes for Rebranding Your Enterprise Emblem, it is important to have sturdy reasoning, logic and stats behind rebranding your small business.
For instance, are poor conversions attributable to an ineffective design or a glitchy buying cart?
Is your web site actually outdated or are you simply bored of the color scheme?
This information will make it easier to first perceive whether or not or not you could reinvent your small business, and for those who do, rebrand your web site in the simplest method attainable.
I will share a private instance for this text. We’re rebranding our web site in the intervening time. We determined this was a good suggestion as a result of:
• We’re now additionally concentrating on new entrepreneurs coming from the company world in addition to desirous to attraction to established entrepreneurs who’re able to up-level their enterprise.
• It was time to replace how we current our companies on our residence web page. We did not really feel that we had been presenting our advantages clearly sufficient in some areas.
• Among the options and performance of our present web site had been breaking down. It was time to improve and use newer expertise to showcase our choices.
• We have had some confusion across the penguin emblem. Some folks see a girl’s hair or aren’t fairly clear on what it’s.
Our first step within the re-branding course of was to present our emblem an replace.
Within the coming weeks we’ll be revealing our new web site and I am unable to anticipate the large reveal! And earlier than you bounce into the redesign course of, first decide if that is one thing that is actually wanted as defined subsequent.
Half 1: Is It Time to Reinvent Your Enterprise?
You will need to take an excellent, laborious have a look at your on-line presence. You’ll want to ask your self the next questions, but it surely additionally helps to have outdoors opinions from shoppers, focus teams and social media followers-you could not have probably the most goal opinion.
1. Am I concentrating on a brand new sort of viewers/consumer?
2. Is the positioning well-optimized for cellular? In accordance with Statista, over 52% of internet visitors now occurs on a cellular machine. In case your on-line retailer is sluggish or seems to be horrible on a smartphone, you’ve gotten rather a lot to lose. One of the simplest ways to verify if this stat is correct for you is to verify your Google Analytics.
3. Have my services or products drastically modified?
4. Is my bounce charge excessive? Google defines bounce charge by what number of customers depart the web page they entered on, with out interacting with something. In accordance with a examine by RocketFuel, common bounce charges are between 26% and 70% for many web sites.
Now, in case your bounce charge is excessive on a Contact Us web page, the place a buyer merely needs your contact information and leaves, that is one factor. But when it is excessive on pages that you really want folks to remain on and work together with, it is time to do a deep dive as to why potential clients aren’t sticking round.
5. Am I getting complaints in regards to the design or person expertise?
6. Does the design look outdated? The feel and appear of web site design can change shortly and infrequently dramatically from one yr to the subsequent. Websites that had been designed 5 years in the past can nearly be assured they appear old-fashioned now.
If the title “Tupperware” conjures up photos of avocado-coloured plastic and 80s neighbourhood events, you are not alone. Tupperware struggled to attraction to a contemporary viewers however have accomplished so by modernizing every little thing from their emblem to their Pinterest-style imagery.
Half 2: The Reinvention
For those who’ve determined to embark on the web site redesign course of, you are in for an thrilling and difficult trip! Listed here are 9 methods to perform your objectives in probably the most user-friendly method attainable.
1. Full a aggressive evaluation.
It is a essential step in lots of advertising and marketing and branding processes. You need to have accomplished one once you had been creating your organization.
This time have a look at how briskly your rivals’ web site load, or how person pleasant their navigation is. By exploring what you are up towards, you are able to do issues higher once you’re rebranding your small business.
2. Revisit your values and model positioning.
Earlier than hiring an internet designer, I extremely suggest revisiting your small business values and model positioning. Be clear on why you are in enterprise within the first place, your values and your mission.
Additionally give loads of consideration to the impression you need your web site guests to obtain the second they land in your web site. How would you like your small business to be perceived as? What model character do you wish to painting? What values do you wish to be identified for?
By having a transparent understanding of some of these branding questions, you’ll now have a transparent model information in your internet designer to observe.
Here is a couple of sources that can make it easier to on this course of:
– Begin with Why: How Nice Leaders Encourage Everybody to Take Motion by Simon Sinek
– Discover Your Why: A Sensible Information for Discovering Function for You and Your Workforce additionally by Simon Sinek
– Constructing a StoryBrand: Make clear Your Message So Clients Will Pay attention by Donald Miller
– Work with me as your small business and advertising and marketing mentor.
3. Outline your objectives.
Rebranding your small business on-line is not nearly the appear and feel. You wish to enhance upon your buyer expertise.
To illustrate you wish to gather extra e mail addresses. You will have to resolve the place to position your eNewsletter signup field or giveaway provide to compel guests to present you their information.
In case your objective is to transform a brand new sort of consumer, you will want to consider the calls-to-action that can resonate finest with them.
No matter your objectives are, they need to be targeted in your clients’ wants, not your personal!
4. If it ain’t broke, do not repair it.
We are able to get so caught up in refreshing and revamping that we go too far. For those who’ve acquired widespread consideration and/or accolades for your small business emblem, why would you modify it?
If a sure article in your weblog will get loads of natural visitors, do not take it down simply since you are bored with it or wish to give attention to a brand new viewers. It is simply as vital to know what to not change.
At all times have your audience in thoughts. What are they discovering helpful and informative that helps them decide on whether or not to do enterprise with you? It is not about you and your private preferences. It is about them and what they want from you.
5. Create a design and content material plan.
Relying in your audience, model positioning and objectives, you might be able to repurpose present advertising and marketing collateral, or chances are you’ll want to start out from scratch.
Go over all your design and replica parts earlier than the web site redesign course of so you’ve gotten an correct stock of what you could create.
6. Construct a wireframe and mock-up.
A wireframe is a format that reveals what parts will probably be on an internet web page. You do not simply begin creating menus, slapping on photos and placing in hyperlinks on a stay web page. You’ll want to plan and visualize earlier than you rebrand your web site, so customers have the very best expertise attainable.
A mock-up can also be a visible illustration that features design and replica parts, though copy might be demonstrated with a placeholder, as we have accomplished right here. We’re nonetheless engaged on the messaging on this part, however we wished to plan out the place it might go.
7. Incorporate voice search into your search engine optimization plan.
It is not sufficient to focus solely on copy anymore. Folks need on the spot options after they’re looking for one thing on-line.
As you reinvent your small business, you ought to be pondering of how to optimize your web site for voice search along with what individuals are typing into the search field.
Many customers already use it to search out what they’re searching for and based on ComScore, 50% of searches will probably be carried out this fashion by 2020.
Be taught extra about voice search right here.
8. Make cellular a prime precedence.
A giant a part of the web site redesign course of is making certain your web site seems to be nice on any machine, from desktops to smartphones. Photographs and font sizes could look good in your pc however break or look crowded on a cellphone display.
At all times optimize and take a look at for cellular units when you rebrand your web site.
9. Rent knowledgeable firm to assist.
Until you are a advertising and marketing guru, rebranding your small business is not a DIY venture. There are too many vital branding, programming and implementation parts at stake.
You need to think about hiring a full-service skilled internet design and growth firm.
The web site redesign course of is an iterative one. You are not going to nail it with one model.
By planning forward and hiring the proper folks to get the job accomplished, you will find yourself with a phenomenal and useful on-line presence you will be proud to share with the world.