Dostana is an extension of the ‘Kantaben plot’ of Kal Ho Na Ho. There’s nothing actually distinctive about Dostana (most scenes offer you a scene of deja vu) however however Dostana is intermittently humorous with out being offensive.
Story of Dostana: Sam (Abhishek Bachchan) and Kunal (John Abraham) are in search of an condominium and for the reason that proprietor (Sushmita Mukherjee) hates giving the condominium to guys lest they may corrupt her niece Neha (Priyanka Chopra), the 2 fake to be gays. Neha, Sam and Kunal turn out to be associates and the fellows start to fall head over heels in love with Neha. However Neha has already fallen for Abhimanyu (Bobby Deol), the boss of her firm. Whether or not the 2 guys select love or friendship is the crux of the story.
Plus factors of Dostana:
Full credit score to Karan Johar to have produced up a taboo subject and a spherical of applause to Tarun Mansukhani for guiding Dostana as his debut movie. Although one can’t say the identical in regards to the script author who has simply given the identical previous story with a homosexual ending, Tarun has directed the movie properly. We are able to take our hats off to Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham to be sporting sufficient; not caring a fig about their picture, and doing full justice to their roles. And sure, Miami is HOT!
Minus factors of Dostana:
1. Most scenes will not be humorous, simply cliche. In what number of motion pictures, have you ever not seen actors, by mistakenly, doing one thing suggestive whereas the third individual walks in and thinks there’s something cooking between the 2? You have got seen it in Kal Ho Na Ho, Masti, Golmaal Returns, Hi there and so on. C’mon guys, it’s TWO MUCH and it ain’t humorous.
2. Dostana is a film about friendship however the ‘friendship’ facet shouldn’t be proven with the correct amount of sensitivity. Within the first half, it’s all about their homosexual antics and their misinterpretation, and the second half is about each guys attempting to woo Priyanka Chopra. The friendship issue is misplaced someplace in Dostana.
3. Songs most of them jarring and off key (one of many worst scores of Vishal Shekhar) pop up at odd instances and sluggish the tempo of the movie. Aside from Desi Lady and Jaane Kyun, you can’t actually bear in mind any of the opposite songs.
4. Some scenes just like the public sale scene and scenes involving Boman Irani weren’t required and lengthened the film unnecessarily.
Greatest scenes of Dostana:
1. Abhishek Bachchan explaining about how John Abraham and he had met, and dated. The flashback humorous scene is rip roaring and Abhishek Bachchan’s efficiency makes it a visible deal with.
2. A cute romantic scene was when John Abraham treats Priyanka Chopra for the Kuch Kuch Hota Hain film. He recreates the magical scene of Shahrukh Khan mesmerizing Kajol within the film and makes it seem like likable. Full marks to Tarun Mansukhani for taking pictures the scene very properly.
3. The scene the place Bobby Deol tells Priyanka Chopra they do not have a life collectively within the baseball enviornment is filmy however transferring. The onlookers together with John Abraham and Abhishek Bachchan assume that Priyanka has truly mentioned ‘sure’ to Bobby.
4. The ultimate kiss scene between Abhishek Bachchan and John Abraham is the landmark scene, simply going to be one of many talked about scenes in Bollywood. Which is the primary mainstream Bollywood film to have a homosexual kiss scene? Reply: Dostana.
Performances in Dostana:
Abhishek Bachchan has given a splendid efficiency. It’s actually prime notch and although it seemed like he had misplaced his marbles in Drona, he does a superb job in Dostana. He’s a sheer delight. John Abraham set the guts of ladies racing as he flexed his finely carved muscle tissue with wild abandon. John Abraham is not only ‘Brawn Abraham’; he has carried out brilliantly too. Priyanka Chopra has by no means seemed so shapely. Her oomph attraction reaches zenith in Dostana.
Closing level on Dostana:
Dostana is cliched, a mean entertainer.