After dealing with the truth that I would like a quicker internet hosting supplier, I lastly determined to check out a few of Amazon's internet hosting merchandise. Amazon has so many net providers that it may be a little bit formidable to get began with them, however I made a decision to provide it a go.
The very first thing that I appeared for was the flexibility to host WordPress web sites. After a little analysis, I discovered that Amazon had simply launched a program for WordPress. Utilizing their new "LightSail" product, I found that it was truly fairly straight ahead to configure and cargo up WordPress. There are a number of different fashionable CMS apps as properly, akin to Drupal and Joomla. If you’re eager about an e-Commerce answer, Magento can be supported.
Lightsail isn’t for giant deployments, nevertheless it's fairly darn straightforward for smaller necessities. In a nutshell, you enroll, put in your area identify, arrange WordPress, arrange your DNS zones, map the static ip deal with that's assigned to you, and it launches.
Whenever you go to launch one of many apps, Amazon refers to them as "situations". You would choose the occasion that you’re eager about (WordPress, Drupal, and so forth) and comply with the step-by-step instructions.
1. The very first thing is to call your occasion. Should you don't identify it, Lightsail will create a reputation for you. Amazon works in zones, and in my case, it's normally Virginia. You’ll be able to change the zone in the event you like, however I've discovered it's higher simply to depart it on the default zone.
2. Additionally, you will choose your occasion plan, which is the month-to-month price that fits your necessities.
3. You may as well run different numerous scrips and select both the default SSH key pair or change the important thing pair. As above, I all the time stick to the default.
4. Then click on create. It takes a few minutes after which a web page comes up with a public ip deal with and a username to hook up with the occasion. You’ll need your non-public key out of your Amazon account, so in the event you don't have one, you'll must create it.
5. Bitnami is used to hook up with the brand new website. However after, you've loaded WordPress, you login precisely the identical means with each different internet hosting firm. Bitnami is fairly intuitive and doesn't take greater than 15 or 20 minutes to learn to navigate round.
There may be additionally some mission guides and movies as properly to assist with the set up. In line with the WordPress mission information there may be solely 5 steps, however in actuality, it's extra like eight steps.
I loaded this up a couple of weeks in the past, so I haven't had time to completely construct it out, however I had no issues loading the theme. I'm additionally utilizing an AWS plugin (free) that may copy any media recordsdata to Amazon S3 and serve from S3 Cloudfront. Hopefully, this can reduce down on load occasions for my pages.
It takes some getting used to not having cpanel, however, all in all, I might say, It's a particular "Sure" to at the least attempting Amazon's Lightsail to host your WordPress websites.
Subsequent on the Amazon agenda? HTML websites.