Listed below are some know-how issues that you can do along with your college students. Not all the things could also be possible (i.e. value components) or acceptable (i.e. safety or privateness points):
- among the issues we’re already doing,
- among the issues we’re pondering of doing, and,
- among the issues are merely wishful pondering, however nice concepts have to start out someplace…
How do you combine know-how into the curriculum? Do you will have any concepts so as to add to the listing?
Class Set of Laptops
- Get an organization to donate a category set of laptops after they improve their tools. (The corporate can obtain a charitable donation tax-credit.)
- Arrange a wi-fi hotspot in your classroom in order that college students can weblog on-line throughout impartial studying and writing workshops.
- Buy digital copies of textbooks to have a paperless classroom. Use text-reading software program (i.e. Kurzweil) to spotlight and take notes within the textbook.
Non-Conventional Studying and Writing
- Train college students the variations between formal, casual, and colloquial language and discover textual content messaging, chat rooms, and msn-speak as types of colloquial language.
- Consider the evolving nature of language and develop word-attack expertise by analyzing how phrases get accepted into on a regular basis language (or the dictionary). For instance, Google is now a generally used noun and verb.
- Use text-reading software program (i.e. Kurzweil) to permit college students to entry tough texts.
Running a blog
- Have college students arrange private blogs as a medium to publish their writing portfolios.
- Discover how Google is a reputation contest. Publish work in an e-zine article listing to grasp how you can construct inbound hyperlinks. Submit feedback on different blogs to construct inbound hyperlinks.
- Discover copyright points. Publish work in a weblog or an e-zine article listing will inevitably find yourself along with your work scraped onto one other weblog with out correct attribution. Discover how that feels and the ethics of utilizing different folks’s content material with out consent.
- Focus on cyber-bullying: methods to guard your self, how you can reply when it occurs, and how you can keep away from by accident cyber-bullying when running a blog.
- Discover laptop security: password energy, viruses, trojans, phishing, and so forth.
- Find out about on-line risks and methods to guard your self.
Classroom Web site
- Make hand-outs and homework assignments accessible on a classroom web site.
- Use a safe web site as a communication device for marks for each dad and mom and college students.
- Introduce your college students to HTML and internet design.
Making Cash On-line
- Introduce college students to the enterprise of earning profits on-line.
- Discover promoting on-line – the way it works.
- Fund elevate by promoting stuff on e-bay.
GPS and Mapping Know-how
- Geo-cache along with your college students.
- Use GPS know-how or mapping software program (i.e. Google Earth) in math class to assemble bigger geometric shapes. (i.e. assemble a circle that has a radius of 5 metropolis blocks.)
- Apply GPS know-how or mapping software program in Geography.
The Web as a World Village / Group
- Discover a class to pen-pal with and correspond utilizing blogs, electronic mail, or IRC chat rooms.
- Use a wiki for college kids to synthesize and consider information gained in a content-subject like Historical past or Geography. They will monitor how their understanding of ideas develop. Exhibit how our understanding of a subject-specific subject evolves over time (i.e. a dynamic and digital KWL chart)
- Publish pupil work in English and of their first language on-line in order that kin abroad can rejoice of their success.
Know-how as a Instructing Software
- Use a data-projector in school to do modeled and shared readings.
- Use a data-projector in school to do shared writing: the trendy equal of flip-chart paper
- Use dynamic geometry software program (i.e. Geometer’s Sketchpad) to discover math ideas.
Music and Know-how
- Purchase songs (i.e. itunes) and permit college students to DJ their very own faculty dances.
- Critically study in style music to find out whether or not mainstream music is suitable at a faculty dance (i.e. Soulja Boy – Crank that)
- Create your individual pod-casts. College students can use free sound-editing software program (i.e. audacity) to combine in free sound results (i.e. ljudo.com) with their digital recordings of their voices.
- Ship an object around the globe and invite individuals who discover the article to depart a message on-line within the classroom weblog.
- Discover the video making course of: scripts, recording, enhancing, post-production
- Discover YouTube as a medium to publish content material.