What’s up on this planet of aviation? Listed here are among the newest headlines related to small plane, government jet pilots, and FBOs.
- FBOs should meet Stage three noise customary necessities by 2015. In late February, President Obama signed into legislation an FAA invoice requiring fixed-base operators of enterprise jets working below Stage 1 and a pair of noise requirements to fulfill Stage three necessities by December 31, 2015. After that date, jets weighing 75,000 kilos or much less working inside the 48 contiguous states are required to adjust to Stage three noise ranges.
- There are some exemptions to that rule within the invoice, such because the momentary transferring of plane for modification or sale outdoors the 48 contiguous states, the modification of an plane to fulfill Stage three noise customary necessities or different heavy upkeep, for the scrapping or storage of an plane, and for the diversion of the plane for sure causes.
- Concentrate on momentary flight restrictions this marketing campaign season. No matter you are political opinions, for those who’re a normal aviation pilot or FBO, pay shut consideration to the journey schedules of the President, Vice President and Republican nominee this marketing campaign season. Presidential election seasons enhance momentary flight restrictions (TFRs) on normal aviation (GA) flights, and the elevated restrictions can impression your individual flight plans.
- The White Home and Secret Service, in affiliation with the TSA, are attempting to maintain official TFRs to a minimal through the 2012 marketing campaign season. They perceive that TFRs wreak havoc on enterprise and flight schedules, particularly through the week and in main cities. Secret Service additionally keep away from TFRs as a result of they require revealing the place the President or different politician is positioned, and the place she or he goes. That may be a security and safety concern they need to preserve to a minimal.
- In case you are a Nationwide Enterprise Aviation Affiliation member, you possibly can go to their web site and monitor the newest Presidential election-campaign-related momentary flight restrictions.
- Savannah Technical Faculty constructing new aviation tech college. The Savannah Technical Faculty (STC) is constructing a brand new Aviation Coaching Facility on the Crossroad Campus. Scheduled to be accomplished in 2013, the brand new facility will have the ability to prepare as much as 75 extra aviation mechanics and technicians yearly. That is good timing, say business insiders, because the demand for properly-trained technicians is rising.
- FCC cancels LightSquared’s broadband indicators because of GPS interference. The Federal Communications Fee (FCC) has banned LightSquared from carrying its terrestrial LTE community satellite tv for pc frequency broadband indicators on frequencies near GPS frequencies. Following a 12 months of testing, the Nationwide Telecommunications and Info Administration (NTIA) gave the FCC a report stating that LightSquared’s satellite tv for pc frequency bands demonstrated critical and widespread GPS interference – together with interference with navigation gear utilized by planes, boats and automobiles – that LightSquared’s terrestrial broadband indicators can not presently coexist with GPS bands, and that there isn’t a fast resolution to the interference issues.
- The FCC’s ruling has successfully canceled LightSquared’s plans for a $14 billion high-speed wi-fi system. In an effort to protect money, LightSquared is slicing about 149 jobs, about 45 % of its jobs, whereas they work to resolve and reverse the FCC’s choice. The NTIA mentioned it’ll work with the FCC and broadband business to assist clear up the present interference issues with GPS.